If you want to run your shard in an UO (Ultima Online), you first need to choose what its server will be running on. Since ancient times, we have taken the Sphere and POL, but now there are other, often even more popular options.
Sphere github.com/SphereServer – written in C language. This beauty is still relevant and actively developing. In 2016, new fork “SphereServer X” appeared.
POL github.com/polserver – C++. POL has a large number of configs and uses its own scripting language (eScript). My favorite free shard Celestial Sphere (it’s gone sadly) was created on POL.
ServUO github.com/ServUO – C#. The ServUO supports the latest version of the protocol. It has quite a lot of new content and it is the most popular emulator nowadays.
RunUO github.com/runuo – C#. RunUO supports ML content and the fresh protocol of the official UO client. Plenty of cool servers powered by it.
UOX3 github.com/UOX3DevTeam – C/C++. UOX3 feature is a wide cross-platform possibilities.
Please write in the comments what other servers you know and what shards you played on 🙂
One of the best MMORPGs – LotRO – got 15 years anniversary… Download the game, log in before May 11 and get some gifts.. in honor of the anniversary, the game was freed from p2w quests limitation, making most of the proprietary zones free. The game is good, especially if you like Tolkien.
Posted in MMO-news
ZZYZX made demo release of RoM2 in Unity game engine. How to run:
- Download archive:
- Unpack it to ROM2 game folder (only original CD or GOG version; client from our server won’t work!). If you fail to find it – check this minimum package, it will do (password: allods2)
- Run Allods.exe
- Choose “Window” mode and click “Play!”
- You will see game’s window. Press
~, to open console and type there:
map kids3; then close console with
- That’s it! Now you can play and test!
Basic multiplayer is already supported! For this, you need to open two instances of the game. In the first one, run two console commands in succession:
map <map name>. In the second one, open the console and type
connect localhost. Note: the host instance does not have the player. Up to 64 clients are supported currently!
Don’t forget to give star to the project https://github.com/jewalky/UnityAllods and welcome to RoM2 discord to say “hi!” or help with development 😉
Dear Tangarians, you are welcome to download Tangaria’s unofficial musicpack with best fantazy tunes from my favorite games – HoMM2-3, Diablo, Allods 2, Brаvada, M&M4-8 and UO. You may hear it at my streams 😉
1) Download .7zip archive: https://mediafire.com/file/kucaov7qfv4dcov/
2) Unpack to
Archive password – name of roguelike game starting with a small letter
Please leave your suggestions, impressions, ideas If you would hear any clipping, distortion or any other glitch/bug – please report it discord!
I’ve found on my hard-drive stories about my father’s adventures in WoW. Most of them in Russian (to check them – click on the RU flag in menu), but also there is this one in English:
This story happened 2008, 6-th of February (dates are calculated according to human’s calendar)
Trorn was 12-th level (!), the group consisted of 4 (!) members and team mates were mostly very new to instances and Dead Mines particularly… Therefore you wouldn’t be surprised probably when will know more details.
Glory of Kingdoms units scheme:
You can find a lot of useful informatio about the game in my GoK video guides
New change in drop upon player’s death:
– Probability of inventory drop = 33%;
– Probability of drop for equipped items = 0%
Why so? The thing is that getting equipment is extremely hard with our system of progress. Therefore, the loss of the main piece of equipment can make your character completely unplayable. You can just lose the ability to keep playing if you loose important item. At the same time, if you remove the drop altogether, the game becomes insipid and boring. We need some kind of interest, risk. For this, a drop of items from a backpack is ideal – after you loose them – they can be quickly restored by purchasing consumables in the shop (while replacing a dropped weapon or staff can sometimes take several hours). The risk in PvP remains, the reward also; all the more so for experienced PK players’ items are often sent to the trash – they already have everything. But consumables (scrolls, potions) are always needed for battles – and they can be obtained in these particular battles.
As a result, it turns out to be beneficial to everyone. PK players will always have someone to fight with – after a fight with them, players will not have to spend hours recovering their progress due to lost gear .. Because of this, in previous seasons, PKs remained alone on quest maps after depriving regular players of their material base. Now there will be no such problem.
And new players are also good – there will be an opportunity to study in PvP without fear of being left without pants.
Other recent changes: Continue reading
Sometime ago I’ve founded Russian MUD (text based multiplayer games) community in discord and there plenty of visually-impaired people. Some was interested to play roguelikes after listening my stream in Tangaria.
I’ve googled this topic a bit and found that actually atm there are 3 blind-friendly roguelike games. Good info about this topic could be found at roguelike radio podcast.
Also there is an option for text output description of objects on game screen in Nethack..
And finally I found a topic about Angband with this quote:
3. Introduce a “blind-friendly” option to Vanilla Angband. Drawback is that those maintaining Angband may not be keen on additional options and, again, that large changes may be awkward to implement / maintain.
Maybe it’s the time to start working on this option in Angband? As now the game went far forward in technical aspects.. What do we need:
the option to output text description of room – so player will be able to get information about surroundings when they change – in text format. For example.. Player got 0,0 coordinates. All objects around him got relative coordinates. So each turn player will get something like this in Message Window:
“Door 5N3W. Goblin 2S1W. Magic Wand 1N2E”
Also using ‘l’ook command player could understand where walls and other static objects located..
Maybe there are better ways to represent surroundings.. Lets brainstorm!
As we already have ‘target-close’ monster macro which could help to cast spells or use ranged weapons without need to target precisely certain tiles – it’s possible to play even ranged classes.
Hi! I’m developer of Tangaria (https://tangaria.com/) – free open-source multiplayer roguelike game loosely based on Tolkien’s lore and powered by PWMAngband (derived from MAngband, which derived from Angband 😉 It combines the complexity and unpredictability of roguelike genre and social features of MMORPG: kill monsters together with your friends, chat, PvP (on demand), build a house and open a store to trade your goods with other players… with advanced real-time gameplay – game become semi turn-based when your character is injured.
I was quite shy to promote my game, though in the past I’ve made plenty of promotion there for other great multiplayer roguelikes (MAngband, TomeNET , PWMAngband). It’s funny – but it’s much easier to tell something good about other’s people games than about your game 🙂 But I suppose I should find the courage to declare my multiplayer variant to rlg community too..
So.. I work on Tangaria for two years. PowerWyrm (PWMAngband developer) help me a lot in this – and PWMA became one of the best roguelike game engines where you could do amazing stuff. Recently I’ve finally started to code stuff and made 3 major updates:
1) addeded 18 new races: so now we got 56 races total; all of them are quite classic fantasy and each got it’s special flavours.
2) roguelike housing paradise: Now when you build house (yep, you can do it in this multiplayer game – to open your shop and put there items to trade with other players) – each house got it’s own unique random generated appearence by using hundreds of different walls and floors;
3) charisma: just finished this update 🙂 Recently I’ve returned CHR stat and now trying to make it interesting. Goes pretty well!
So.. I’ll be very glad to answer any questions about multiplayer roguelikes, it’s history (check my article about it).. and of course about Tangaria 😉
Cya in-game and welcome to our discord: https://discord.gg/zBNG369
Added new tier of quest maps at server #8 – Tier 1 with Darkland and RandTomb maps. There you can complete tavern tasks which reward up to 18m experience. Also this maps contains special stuff:
1) set for mage: +18 to all elements
2) set for barbarians: body+2 equipment
3) sets of magic weapons and staves
Also you could increase there your character’s certain parameters up to 62 by buying special stat potions for 100m. Continue reading
Most important Darkfire Heroes secret:
1. Do not level up past lvl 15 too early. Stay at lvl 15 as long as possible. There are brackets >15, 16-25, 26+. If you go hier bracket – you meet much more powerful enemies in PvP and events. So transfer to 16-25 bracket only when you are ready. And do not ever transit past 26 – there are Continue reading
At this page I’ll post my guides for Dungeon Crusher game 🙂 Continue reading
Portal to HARD Allod opened!
New maps on “hard”: Tier and Dragon Sand. For some time on hard there will be only two these maps, so they will be properly tested. Please report bugs, problems, issues, exploits etc
– Stat potions on “Hard” maps now could be aquired from 1.000.000 exp quest in tavern. Shop potions on “Hard” won’t raise your stats!
– Max. reward at “Hard” maps increased to 1.000.000
– necro4 leader HP 300 -> 1300
– necro4 leader at Middle map (3k hp) got 10 elven scrolls of curse
– The “horror” is live. There you can buy potions for 30,000,000. Each potion adds +1 to all parameters. Maximum character parameters at “horror”: 52 52 52 43
– max. reward for the quest in tavern there: 6.300.000
– on “horror” PvP allowed
Second update: Continue reading
Medium difficulty started!
– dragon3 at medium difficulty now drop some parts of magic dragonhide armour which is better than tavern drop
(please note that you can ‘craft’ an armour from dragonhide not from the first attempt…)
– fixed problem with dropping cloth at easy-1
– revamped loot at easy-1
– nerfed acid stream at medium
– maps update
Update by kobik: Continue reading