We are welcome you to join to our discord-channel!
- New unique RPG-progress system introduced in 2021: you improve your character with special potions which are unique for each difficulty tier;
- Each difficulty tier balanced separately. Equipment, spells, scrolls, monsters etc – on each server could act differently;
- Items removed from stores (except books, scrolls and healing ointments); equipment must be obtained from monsters or quests in taverns;
- Probability of items drop after character death is 10%. Also items which your character wears can not be dropped; only items from inventory could drop;
- New classes. The witch has a largeк DPS, but she has fewer hitpoints than the mage; amazon is faster and more resistant to magic than a warrior;
- The maximum level of each skill is 110. In addition to the leveling fan, this makes permadeath are not so tough, because you can quickly pump in the main skill without fear of overgrowth (see the next paragraph) and return to the end-game content;
- The rebalance of loss of experience at death is 3% easy, 5-7% medium, 10% hard, 5% horror, 1% quest;
- The restriction on entry to maps of low difficulty is disabled. For example, you can enter a character with skill 110 on the map lvl “easy”; skill overgrowth is no longer a problem;
- Potions which restores health now should be gathered from monsters (called “antidot”);
- Healing and haste spells now influence only at yourself (to prevent cheezing);
- Rebalance of gameplay progress: mage – “glass gun” with AoE; warrior – tenacious focus-damage with very expensive scrolls;
- New balance without rediculous body parameter items; at the same time items obtained at “quest” maps are not imba and are quite competitive in PvP with store-fullset;
- Spells rebalance. The player’s progress in terms of spells and scrolls is completely changed: realized gradual vertical progress of the mage’s leveling – each spell is a kind of step similar to the steps of a warrior (steel-mithril-adamant-meteorite-crystal);
- Weight rebalance – light armor does not overburden your character; while heavy makes the character noticeably less mobile;
- Hail is now earth magic; healing is water (back to Rage of Mages I); haste is air;
- All monsters rebalanced. In particular, increased resistance to magic for trolls, ogres, dragons and demons;
- Redundant taverns have been removed from maps of medium and hard level (stat potions is accessible only from shops or end-game tasks, not by mail-quests in tavern);
- Rebalanced (and now works!) health potions; treated much weaker than vanilla;
- Two-handed weapons become much more powerful;
- Some spells have changed parameters; for example, lightning now deals a wider range of damage, and fire always burns about the same;
- Your character starts the game naked, with only one weapon (or staff) in hands; the mage initially does not even have a magical shield, it must be bought;
- Multiaccounts forbidden. Registration to the hat goes with the verification of the account by phone through the gmail account; this makes possible to ensure that violators of the rules are not able to easily create multiple accounts;
- New difficulty levels: easy-1-2-3 (displayed as “medium”);
- There are serven servers on the hat; one for each difficulty (to concentrate the community) and numerous of quest maps; explaination for beginners: at each difficulty level there are several different maps that change periodically;
- Mainly vanilla (1999 year!) maps are on the hat; however, they are rebalanced under permadeath. In total, there are about two dozen maps in rotation – the vast majority of them are classic multiplayer maps ”from the original RoM2 CD”;
- All maps have been revamped; bugs, vulnerabilities, dishonest spots are closed on them (for example, gaps which allowed to beat trolls and ogres from inaccessible places are closed). Added new areas, monsters and terrain elements. For the “easy” maps the priority is placed on small-sized maps (so as not to “smear” the population of beginners in large spaces);
- For quests in taverns there is many rewards (money, objects, etc), but no experience; this makes game progress more balanced and close to the original singleplayer balance RoM2;
- For the server is used one of the latest ZZYZX‘s assemblies with applied patches to fix bugs, vision and so on;
Market added (click to expand)
At a ”hard” lvl maps a market has been added – based on the central Middle store (meteor). Market – these are three stores with a divided assortment. Nothing essentially changes, except that it takes less time to sit in this store. There was a comment in the discord: ”why it is needed, the more difficult the better…” etc. I answer: complexity is needed where skill is in battle. But the number of tedious moments in the game needs to be reduced, there’s no need many skill to sit out pants in the shop. Another thing is that remains rare combinations of things with body with other parameters, so that shop-fishing in dangerous stores remains relevant;
Constant rebalance of the game (click to expand)
Explain the concept – if something is too popular, then the players (they are always smart and choose what is best) – find it more attractive and it needs to be nerfed. Thus, there must be an eternal, never-ending rebalance of the game – here the warrior is corrected, here the mage, there are mobs, there are objects, there are spells and so on to infinity. Try to look at the game not as a player who seeks profit, but as a person who wants to make the game better and more interesting. For example, in terms of monsters – the sense of rebalance is that there is no giant gap between the mobs. So that the player had the task to choose where to go. The more alternatives – the better. When the gameplay comes down to farming one type of creature, this requires rebalance. Before dragons were killed only with scrolls of hail. It is not right. There must be diversity, so now they have a high resistance to it. Everything that is introduced is negotiable. Test and make suggestions in discord;
“Raid” end-game content (click to expand)
On quest-maps of Hat is always there are places, which is almost impossible to clean (well, that is, you need at least 5 skill players). There is a very rare treasure. A place like this on a hat is such a smaaaaal nut that no one has yet been able to crack. Well, if you suddenly clean it the same way – another nut will be added, even more tough and interesting. In essence, this system is similar to WoW raids – so that there is always end game content that no one has reached; it brings purpose to the game;
- Fair play – a special system of rules; all are equal on the hat, no ”gifts’, no cheating; and there is no pay-2-win: for donate you can’t get anything in the game.
How to start playing:
0) caferully read the rules;
1) register by filling out the form;
2) install RoM2 client (download);
Attention! The entire singleplayer campaign was cut from our client. If you want to go through the plot of the game – I recommend to buy the game from GOG.
3) if needed – change language: edit
allods2.cfg and change
z_language (from russian to english)
4) launch the game;
5) choose “Server” (globe) -> Softcore (PvE)
6) enter login – it is your gmail address in which all points, pluses, dashes are removed, for example:
for firstname.lastname@example.org – the login will be: samrom2
for email@example.com – the login will be: samrom2
for firstname.lastname@example.org – the login will be: samrom2
7) the password is “ID”, which you entered in the registration form
a) there is no confirmation upon account registration; you won’t receive any email confirmation after registration; to check was your account registered or not – try to login to the game.
b) letter case which you entered in your email/ID matters! So if you’ve entered your email or password with capital letters, eg SamRom2@gmail.com – your login will be ‘SamRom2’, not ‘samrom2’.
c) account registration take up to 48 hours, please be patient. If you waited 24 hours and still can’t login, please write about it at our discord to get help.
|Before starting the game, we highly recommend that you look at the FAQ section, where there is a table with stat increasing potions. Without this information, it will be extremely difficult for you to understand the stat progress system in order to avoid mistakes with increasing the character’s parameters with potions.|
For those who want to increase the fps of the game, put ddwrapper in the folder with RoM2. Note that in this case the map editor will stop working for you; so if you want to use ddwrapper – duplicate the RoM2 folder with the editor.
If you have a problem with Windows 10, try the following:
1. if the game displays purple, then after installing the patch:
– download DXwnd and unzip the folder from the archive anywhere
– open Dxwnd.exe; click RMB on an empty space and select ‘Add’
– select the Rage of Mages 2 executable file (rom2.exe)
– the game icon appears – can be launched by dxwnd
2. If this does not help to start the game:
Download and unzip to the folder with RoM2 ddraw
3) if it does not help, play only through the virtual machine. Download VirtualBox or any other emulator and install Windows 7 on it 🙂 RoM2 is not gluttonous game, it flies on the virtual machine really fast.
Since on our hat players got items mainly from taverns’ quests, players have to “roll” these quests quite a lot (in attempt to get ‘good’ quest). To simplify this process and reduce clicking you could use script by Мафусаил: Quest roll
https://github.com/igroglaz/rom2maps — maps and constructor of data
https://github.com/serg-bloim/a2env/releases/tag/a2win7_v1 – dev enviroment (hat+server+sources+IDE)
https://github.com/igroglaz/rom2utils – RoM2 utils repo
http://tangar.info/allods2/zapusk-servera-heta-v-allody-2 — guide how launch a hat (in Russian, use google translate)
We invite everyone to work together; some features of the hat’s game design are presented in the hat draft-documentation.
Hat developer team
Hat works on an assembly created by Exciton and ZZYZX; Thanks to Anotomix for helping with the initial hat setup, and thanks for helping with the launch of ZZYZX, Nikolai, WarBeginner, ILIUS, Zhuxus, Chariot and all alloders!