‘1-bit graphics for TomeNET‘ pseudographics font project development thread there
To download please visit project webpage
Downloads for developers
excel with monsters: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing (thanks to Lightman for compiling exel template!)
1) DONE drawing powerful non-boss monsters. they would be based at glyphs.
2) DONE if we would have extra tiles – make more different bosses and terrain
3) DONE testing
4) DONE redrawing and polishing tiles
5) DONE make size variants of font – 16×24, 12×18, 10×17 & etc
6) work continues! hope to see more tiles.. Right its not possible to map characters at: 0, 2, 16—31, 141, 143, 144, 157, 195… With all this characters it would be possible to enhance graphics a lot 🙂
Note – think about other variants for such bosses:
big Q (redraw)
succusub (redraw, make it more sexy)
vampire (redraw… or maybe replace?)
You are free to suggest your creative stuff to make project better!
TomeNET GRAPHICS: converting .ttf to .fon and making monsters ♣ MMO-roguelike game
– To convert .ttf to .fon you could just import any .ttf to Fony via: “file” -> “import” -> “installed truetype font”.
– Just found out (already after stream!) that there is bitmap grabber at Fony which could take _any_ tile from tilesets To do so:
1) open .FON file
2) “file” -> “import” -> “from bitmap”
3) choose a number of symbols to import %) Voila!
So its possible to take anything from any tileset with 1 mouse click!
HowTO add ANYTHING to .FON:
Guide # 1: I’ll show how to create two color tilesets very fast and beautiful
Guide #2: I’ll show how to make FONT .fon from any picture or tiles in Fony
Example: it’s pretty cool to take TomeTik tiles for old ToME ( http://pousse.rapiere.free.fr/tome/ ) and monochrome monsters from them @ 77 threshold.
CALL TO ARMS!
I’ve made video guide – how to port/draw monsters from tilesets:
Anyone could help there! Links to instruments:
— Fony – http://hukka.ncn.fi/?fony
— “Angband” with awesome 32 and 64 tiles – http://rephial.org/
— any graphical editor with BW and Threshold functions. If you don’t have ps installed, try this ones:
—– free GIMP https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
—– free paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
—– free online photoshop http://www.photoshop.com/products/photoshopexpress
Right now most wanted monster tiles is dragon! Its quite hard to make it with 21×31. We need more variants to choose the best one! And all other monsters… Now we got only A-D %)) A lot of work ahead! Please don’t to participate!
Not-mappable monsters for font:
death sword, hellblade, stormbringer;
chaos tile, null;
old man willow, huorn, xiclotlan;
tangleweed, poison ivy, giant venus flytrap;
stunwall, livingstone, lesser/greater wall monster, roper, golgarach;
void jumpgate mimic;
all creeping coins.